Guidelines & Practices (Updated November 2013)
- All rental charges are for time out, whether used or not.
- Prices shown represent a one day charge, which includes a day to pick up, one day of use and a day to return, excluding Sundays and Holidays. Long-term rentals may be subject to a weekly or monthly rental rate depending on rental duration.
- Tates Tents & Events does not require a deposit or down payment to reserve items. We simply request that a current credit card be placed on file to hold your reservation.
- Customers are responsible for all rented items including storage containers, bags, crates and rolling carts. If items are damaged or lost while on rent, and the EPP waived, payment for replacement costs will be due upon the return date. As a reminder, all items should be secured and protected from harmful weather conditions.
- If linens are included in the rented items, customer agrees to return them in the provided laundry bags dry and free of damage, mildew, stains, burns, dirt and debris. Damp linens should not be rolled or placed in bags, as mildew will result, very rapidly in warm conditions. Customer may be responsible for replacement cost of damaged or ruined linens.*
*Equipment Protection Plan (EPP) does not cover linen damage that occurs as a result of misuse or abuse to include but not limited to: candle wax, pen markings, burn holes, tears and tape residue. Customer will be responsible for replacement cost of all linen ruined.
- It is preferred that dishware and flatware be ordered in quantities of 10.
- Dishware and glassware do not need to be returned clean. Please empty all glassware of any liquids or substances and scrape plates of food remnants.
- Specialty linen ordered from third party vendors (overlays, napkins, sashes, runners, etc) must have final counts in no later than 10 days prior to delivery or in-store pickup.
- Due to liability issues, delivery crews are not permitted to bring equipment into private residences.
- Standard delivery hours are from 8am-5pm Monday-Saturday. Additional fees may be incurred for deliveries and pickups requested outside of our standard delivery hours. Deliveries and/or pickups required within specified time frames, Sundays or Holidays may also be subject to additional fees.
- Deliveries are to be made to a dock, door, garage or locale that is immediately accessible by our trucks. If delivery requires a long carry, stairs or an elevator, additional portage fees may apply.
- Customer agrees to have the event site clean and properly prepared for the delivery and installation or dismantling and retrieval of rental items. Additional charges may be incurred for any delays encountered or additional labor performed by Tates Tents & Events resulting from event site delays.
- Setup and tear down of tables and chairs is not included with the delivery. For an additional fee, setup and tear down will be done if pre-arranged with Tates Tents & Events. A diagram of the event layout and on-site contact person is required if labor will be supplied by Tates Tents & Events.
- Changes (reductions and deletions) may be made up until noon two days before delivery or customer pickup. After that, orders are packed, staged, invoiced and may be subject to cancellation fee if reduced after already being finalized.
- Additions will be accepted until 5pm the day before delivery and will be packed and invoiced as a separate order. Additional items will be subject to availability.
- A restocking fee of 20% may be assessed to all items cancelled less than three days prior to scheduled delivery or customer pickup date.
- Any on-site cancellations of items delivered will be subject to a 50% re-stocking fee. If cancellation occurs after items have already been unloaded, customer will be subject to a 100% re-stocking fee.
Weather Related Tenting Contingency Plan
Tates Tents & Events has the following weather contingent policy due to the extreme demand for tents during inclement weather.
- Tents can be cancelled free of charge if done so three days prior to delivery. If cancelled after that time, the following fees will apply:
- Customer will incur a 25% restocking fee for cancellations made after 10am two days before delivery or up until the delivery day.
- Any on-site cancellations of tents delivered will be subject to a 50% re-stocking fee. If tent is all ready set and then cancelled customer will be subject to a 100% re-stocking fee.
- Last minute requests for tents will be subject to availability and time constraints due to the excessive demand for tents in inclement weather.
- For safety reasons for you and your guests, staking of tents is always preferred over water weighting as staking provides more holding power. Any tents 30’ wide or smaller may use water weights for an additional fee but staking is still highly recommended. If water is not available on site and weights need to be pre-filled at our warehouse there may be additional charges for that as well.
- Due to liability concerns and more importantly the overall safety of our customers, Tates requires that our trained staff install all tents regardless of tent size.